Get Rid of TMJ Disorders with Aurora Dentist’s TMJ Care Services
Aurora Family Dentistry / Aurora, CO – Aurora Family Dentistry, a well-loved Aurora Dentist, has encountered many patients that have TMJ or Occlusion problems, that’s why they decided to include TMJ Care in their list of services.
Dr. Kyle Ricks (DDS) and Dr. Dustin Bailey (DMD), the two main dentists of the clinic, are both active members of the American Dental Association, the Metro Denver Dental Society, and the Colorado Dental Association. They are both experts at treating disorders of the TMJ (temporomandibular joint), which affects between 5 to 12 percent of Americans.
TMJ causes many symptoms and affects individuals differently. While some symptoms can be treated at home, many cases need professional treatment to ensure that the root cause is addressed. Aurora Family Dentistry now offers consultations, treatment plans, pain-relieving techniques, and custom mouthguards to help treat TMJ issues and minimize damage. Seeking Aurora Family Dentistry’s TMJ care services has many benefits, which include:
- Effective Relief of Symptoms. Headaches, facial pain, jaw discomfort when eating, difficulty in opening or closing the mouth, a clicking sound when opening the mouth, and pain in the front of the ears are the most common symptoms of TMJ.
- Quality Care from Qualified Professionals. Drs. Rick and Bailey, as well as the rest of their team, are qualified to provide TMJ treatment. They would conduct a consultation and recommend proper treatment based on the specific needs of the patient which may include a diet change, some pain-relieving techniques, or the use of a custom mouthguard if needed, depending on the the cause of the patient’s TMJ and its severity.
- Affordable Services. Aurora Family Dentistry offers affordable and flexible payment options for their quality treatments and services. Many forms of payment are accepted, including Care Credit dental treatment financing and insurance payments.
About Aurora Family Dentistry
Aurora Family Dentistry is an Aurora dentist that has gained the trust of the community and nearby areas as they have provided quality dental services for many years. They are a well-known cosmetic and family dentist that provides services such as teeth whitening, dental implants, dentures, and same-day crown repair and replacement. Emergency care dentistry is also offered at their clinic.
They operate in clean, comfortable, and modern facilities that utilize the latest advancements in dental technology, including intra-oral cameras, VELscope oral cancer scanning, and digital X-rays. Aurora Family Dentistry dentists, hygienists, and other staff are friendly, highly trained, and committed to continued education.
Aurora Family Dentistry Aurora CEREC Same Day Crowns
Aurora Family Dentistry of Aurora, Colorado today announced they will offer CEREC same-day crowns.
Crowns are used to cover damaged teeth, realistically replicating the appearance of the natural tooth. Traditional crowns are sometimes used to hold dental bridges in place as well. Because they are used for such a wide range of dental issues, crowns are very common.
The standard procedure for crowns takes weeks, but thanks to Aurora Family Dentistry’s adoption of CEREC, same-day crowns are now available to new and existing patients!
Dr. Ricks and Dr. Bailey have a team in place to answer questions about CEREC same-day crowns. In the meantime, learn more about Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics below.
According to an article published in the Journal of the American Dental Association, CEREC technology has been evolving continually since its first use in 1985 as new tools became available. Since then, many improvements have catapulted same-day crowns to popularity among both dentists and patients.
Here are a few reasons CEREC crowns are a preferred service for many offices:
- Same-day service – The most obvious reason to opt for CEREC is that it eliminates the waiting period between designing new crowns and inserting them.
- Strong ceramic material – Traditional crowns can be made of metal, porcelain, resin, or ceramic. Of these, ceramic is the optimal material due to its realistic appearance and its strength.
- Little room for error – CEREC crowns are designed by a computer program while the patient sits in the dental chair. They are fitted in the same visit, so dentists can tell if there are any issues.
- Natural appearance – Ceramic crowns most closely replicate a patient’s natural tooth, and because CEREC crowns can be done the same day, the patient never has to leave the office without a crown in place. No one will ever know unless the tooth is actually a crown.
Aurora Family Dentistry is one of the only dental offices in the area to offer CEREC crowns. The doctors and staff want patients to have ALL the information necessary to make a decision about having a CEREC crown.
One thing to note about same-day crowns is that they are more expensive than traditional crowns due to the convenience of this service and the durability of the resulting crown.
Aurora Family Dentistry provides a comfortable office for everyone in the family. With a focus on health and preventative care whenever possible, they take the dread out of dentist visits. Dr. Ricks, Dr. Bailey, and the rest of the staff work tirelessly to give patients one office with endless options, now including CEREC same-day crowns.
New and existing patients are welcome for crowns, extractions, TMJ treatment, Invisalign, and other cosmetic services.
August 14, 2023
Aurora Family Dentistry
Aurora Family Dentistry: Dental Implants in Aurora
Gaps in between teeth can be greatly embarrassing for patients. Additionally, it can leave patients prone to health issues, such as struggling with speech, difficulty eating, and more. Aurora Family Dentistry offers dental implants to help fill in these gaps so patients can have their smiles back.
Beyond just physical appearance, a dental implant can be of great service to a patient. Its durability makes it long-lasting and means that patients can bite and chew better than before. It is also used for patients who need teeth extracted due to decay or injury. An implant can serve as a replacement for an extracted tooth.
Overall, a dental implant is beneficial in all respects when it comes to a patient’s health and appearance. There are even multiple types of dental implants available so patients can customize treatment to best suit their needs. More details about this treatment are listed below:
- Who Are Implants For: Implants are used for patients that are either missing teeth or are having teeth extracted. Reasons for extraction can include disease, decay, or injury.
- How Does The Procedure Work: Once a dentist confirms that an implant is the best form of treatment, a metal screw will be inserted into a patient’s jaw. A porcelain crown is later fitted to the screw, functioning as the top part of the tooth that will be used for biting and chewing.
- What Are The Benefits Of Implants: One of the biggest benefits is that the results are permanent, meaning patients will not need to get touch-ups. Implants also improve patients’ smiles, provide support and stability for patients’ jaws and teeth, make eating easier, and improve speech.
- How Many Types Of Implants Are There: Implants can be made for an individual tooth, a section of teeth, or a full set of teeth. Implants can also be used to support other types of procedures, such as bridges or dentures.
As of right now, dental implants are part of Aurora Family Dentistry’s cosmetic services. Further details about the dental implant procedure are outlined on their official website. Patients can book appointments for dental implants by calling the office.
Drs. Bailey and Ricks co-run Aurora Family Dentistry, which services the Aurora, CO area. Together, they provide patients with family, emergency, and cosmetic dentistry. Some of their services include exams, cleanings, implants, dentures, crowns, teeth whitening, Invisalign, and more.
Aurora Dentist: Family Dentistry For Patients of Aurora, Parker, Centennial, and More
Patients looking for an Aurora dentist can get the care they need when they visit Aurora Family Dentistry. Whether it is a simple checkup, a dental emergency, a cosmetic procedure, or a dentist for the entire family, Drs. Bailey and Ricks and their team of staff can help patients take care of all of their dental needs.
Aurora Family Dentistry is dedicated to providing great dental care for everyone. Their professional services combined with their dedication to complete dental care, along with affordable pricing and acceptance of most dental insurances, makes Aurora Family Dentistry one of the best in the Aurora area.
The team of Aurora Family Dentistry believes in providing individual and detailed care to each patient, ensuring that their needs are not only met but that they also feel that they can depend on the staff to give them the best care possible. Some of their available services include the following:
- Family Dentistry: Family dental services are focused on maintaining and improving dental health for the entire family. Two annual appointments are necessary to monitor patients’ health and to preemptively take note of any changes or potential treatments patients may need in the future.
- Cosmetic Dentistry: Aurora Family Dentistry offers teeth implants, partial and full dentures, same-day crowns, crown repairs and replacements, teeth whitening, veneers, inlays and overlays, and white composite fillings.
- Invisalign: Patients seeking teeth straightening treatment can get clear aligners, popularly known as Invisalign. This treatment is customized for each individual and is known to be quicker, more effective, and less painful than metal braces.
- Emergency Dental Care: If patients need immediate dental treatment, they can call the Aurora Family Dentistry office and schedule an appointment. Their office offers patients same-day appointments, as well as the opportunity for an after-hours emergency contact for those experiencing emergencies after business hours or during the weekend.
At this time, patients seeking an Aurora dentist can receive treatment at Aurora Family Dentistry. Details about their current dental services are available on Aurora Family Dentistry. Additional information can be found by contacting their office.
Located in Aurora, CO, Aurora Family Dentistry is co-run by Drs. Dustin Bailey and Kyle Ricks. Together they perform family dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, and emergency dentistry. They have a wide array of dental services available, like Invisalign, teeth whitening, implants, dentures, and more.
Invisalign Treatment Now Available For Patients in Aurora, CO at Aurora Family Dentistry
January 5, 2023 – Patients seeking orthodontic treatment in the Aurora, CO area can now choose Invisalign at Aurora Family Dentistry. Invisalign accomplishes the same effect as traditional metal braces but with less discomfort and a shorter treatment time.
Invisalign has become a more popular form of treatment over traditional metal braces due to their efficiency while remaining comfortable for everyday use. Additionally, each set of Invisalign aligners is made to fit the individual, making the treatment process more personalized.
Although many patients are familiar with how traditional metal braces work, the process of Invisalign treatment is not as well known, which causes some patients to shy away from trying it out. Below are some highlights of the Invisalign treatment process at Aurora Family Dentistry:
- The first step of getting Invisalign is to get a general assessment of what treatment you may need. Dr. Kyle Ricks or Dr. Dustin Bailey will assess your smile during a consultation appointment. Once the evaluation is complete, a plan for treatment will be established.
- The next step is to take impressions and images of your teeth in their current state. This is important for creating your personalized Invisalign treatment and aligners. A total of 30 sets of aligners will be made with slight changes in each to help adjust your teeth over time.
- Once the aligners are made, you can start wearing your first set. The shift in your teeth will be roughly 0.25 to 0.33 millimeters with each set of aligners. This process helps move your teeth more gently than traditional metal brackets and wires.
- Each set of aligners will be changed out every two or three visits as your teeth adjust. The dentists at Aurora Family Dentistry will hold onto the remaining aligners and monitor your teeth throughout the process.
- Using Invisalign for orthodontic correction requires no metal brackets, wires, rubber bands, or glue to be bonded to your teeth. This means you can be more comfortable during treatment and avoid accidentally cutting or irritating the inside of your mouth.
- Invisalign also helps maintain your dental hygiene, as they can simply be taken out of your mouth for brushing and flossing. This allows you to get fast and effective treatment without having to worry about potential damage to your teeth.
As of January 5, 2023, Invisalign is available as an orthodontic treatment option for patients at Aurora Family Dentistry. More information about their Invisalign treatment is available on their website and appointments can be booked by calling their office.
Aurora Family Dentistry is run by Dr. Dustin Bailey and Dr. Kyle Ricks, along with their trusted staff of professionals. Their office is located in Aurora, CO. Their services include family dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, Invisalign, emergency dental care, and more.