Best Senior Dental Care in Berthoud, CO, Provided by Top-Rated Dentist – Dr. Jim Deschene
It sometimes seems that seniors get lost in the mix when it comes to dentistry. There’s a big focus on pediatric care today. That’s all good and well, but seniors require special consideration as well. Berthoud Dental Care understands and caters to the needs of its senior patients.
Why Seniors Deserve A Personalized Treatment Plan
Seniors deserve special attention because of all they’ve done in their lives. Berthoud Dental Care appreciates the contribution that seniors have made to society. That’s why they focus on the needs of their elderly patients.
Seniors are at higher risk of:
- Root decay: The gum tissue recedes as we age. Eventually, this exposes the root. Unlike the tooth itself, the root has no enamel to protect against acids in the food we eat.
- Gum disease: Patients find it harder to control plague buildup as they age. Plaque builds up as a result of smoking, poor health, or even poorly fitting dentures or bridges.
- Bone deterioration: When dentists extract teeth, they advise replacing them as soon as possible. Not using an implant after extraction can cause the underlying bone to start to degrade. Bone loss over time can have serious implications.
- Thinning enamel: There’s not much that patients can do about thinning enamel. Over time, the enamel wears away naturally. The erosion results in higher sensitivity and a greater risk of pulp infections when trauma occurs.
- Complications: Common dental procedures can be more complicated in seniors who have preexisting conditions like diabetes. Preexisting conditions affect the types of treatment options, medications, and healing times.
Seniors are often living on a fixed income, making conventional dental treatments less affordable for them.
Why Berthoud Dental Care Is The Right Choice For Seniors
Berthoud Dental Care is a practice with a difference. The practice works on the principle that every patient deserves personalized care.
Seniors receive special attention based on their individual needs. The practice uses state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, reducing the amount of time patients spend in the dentist’s office.
The team will discuss each treatment option upfront, and patients will know what the treatments will cost ahead of time. The team assists patients with insurance claims and offers several payment plans. The practice charges affordable rates to help patients more.
The practice sends out appointment reminders ahead of time. Extended office hours are helpful for seniors who rely on children who are working to help them make their appointment.
The team has an open-door policy. They’ll handle any queries you might have telephonically, at the practice, or via email. It’s crucial that patients feel completely at ease with the treatments they’re having.
Dr. Jim Deschene is an experienced and trusted denture expert. He offers a range of different denture options and care options to ensure patients feel comfortable with their new dentures.
The practice offers preventive, restorative, general, and cosmetic dentistry in addition to gum disease treatments. It’s a one-stop option for the elderly.